All-on-4 Dental Implants: restoring a full arch of teeth with just four implants
Tooth loss tends to affect nearly every aspect of your life, from your self-confidence to how you are able to speak and enjoy your favorite foods. The great news is that advances in dental technologies have rapidly changed how we can restore the smiles of patients suffering from tooth loss. With Volterra Dental’s All-on-4 dental implant system in Los Alamitos, California, a full arch of teeth can be restored with as little as four dental implants.
How All-on-4 implants work
All-on-4 is a revolutionary tooth replacement option that combines the affordability of dentures with the stability of dental implants for truly life-changing results. Traditional dentures use suction or denture adhesives to stay in place, but patients can have issues with their dentures slipping or falling out and are restricted in terms of which foods they can eat. With the All-on-4 system, four dental implants support your new denture, offering many benefits for patients:
- In many cases, you can replace your full set of missing teeth in just one day with one surgical procedure.
- The All-on-4 system is more affordable than replacing each individual tooth with an implant but offers the same great stability and function.
- You can continue to enjoy all of your favorite foods without restrictions.
- The implants help prevent bone loss in your jaw, keeping the bone healthy and helping maintain a more youthful facial appearance.
- All-on-4 dentures look as great as they feel and are easy to take care of at home.
- In some cases, bone grafting can be avoided in patients who would otherwise need it.
The All-on-4 implant procedure
When you come in for your All-on-4 implant placement, we will first give you a local anesthetic to ensure you are completely comfortable throughout the procedure. We will then prepare your mouth, and the implants will be surgically placed in precise locations for the best functionality and durability – typically, two in the front and two in the back. After the implants are placed, we will sanitize the surgical areas and suture the incisions. We will give you thorough after-care instructions to help optimize your healing and recovery.
Am I a good candidate?
To learn more about All-on-4 dental implants, including their cost and whether they are the right tooth replacement solution for you, call Volterra Dental to schedule your consultation today with Dr. Richard Blackburn! You can reach our Los Alamitos office at (562) 501-3188.