Straighten your teeth with Invisalign® treatment in Los Alamitos, CA
Crooked teeth can impact more than your self-confidence—when your teeth and bite are misaligned, it can cause discomfort, pain, and oral health problems such as decay and unnecessary wear and tear on your teeth and sensitive jaw joints. Volterra Dental is proud to be an Invisalign® provider, helping patients in the Los Alamitos, Rossmoor, Long Beach, Cypress, Huntington Beach, Lakewood, and neighboring Orange County, CA communities achieve both stunning and healthy smiles.
How Invisalign teeth straightening works
Patients who wanted to fix crooked teeth used to have limited options and typically had to wear unsightly, painful metal braces for years to achieve straight teeth. With Invisalign, this process is not only much more comfortable but also completely discreet – no one will need to know you are straightening your teeth!
Rather than using the metal brackets and wires of traditional braces to adjust the position of your teeth, Invisalign treatment consists of a series of invisible, removable aligners that you wear for two weeks at a time before switching to the next set of trays in your custom-designed treatment plan. Each set gradually shifts your teeth into their ideal position, not only straightening your teeth but also optimizing your bite at the same time.
For the best results, Invisalign aligners should be worn for at least 20-22 hours per day. After your Invisalign treatment is complete, we provide a retainer to wear at night only so you can maintain your terrific results.
Benefits of Invisalign
Patients choose Invisalign for many reasons! The treatment is:
- Comfortable – the aligners are made from a high-quality, BPA-free plastic that is designed with comfort in mind; they fit snugly over your teeth and have none of the poking and irritation associated with metal braces
- Convenient – the aligners are completely removable so they do not interfere with your lifestyle; you can eat and drink whatever you choose, and you are able to fully brush and floss your teeth to maintain oral hygiene
- Effective – most patients achieve their desired results within just 6 to 18 months
- Versatile – Invisalign is not just designed for crooked teeth; it can also correct issues such as gaps, crowding, and even bite problems such as overbite, underbite, or crossbite
- Customized – your Invisalign journey starts with digital impressions, which we manipulate using advanced computer technology to show you your end results before you even begin your treatment; in addition, we can adjust your results depending on your specific needs and preferences
If you are ready to get the beautiful, straight teeth you have always wanted, call Volterra Dental to schedule your consultation today! Our Los Alamitos office can be reached at (562) 501-3188.
All you need to know about Invisalign at Volterra Dental explained by Dr. Richard Blackburn
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign are clear aligners that simulate orthodontia like the traditional bracket and wires. It does the same thing but without the hassle of the brackets and the wires.
If someone needs minor adjustments to crowding or their bite or they have rotations on their teeth, this is a good, quick way to get the alignment that they need.
What are the benefits of Invisalign aligners?
It is nice for patients because they do not have issues with cleaning their teeth. You just take the aligners out when brushing or eating and put them back in.
How does the Invisalign procedure work?
It is really easy and quick. We don’t even do impressions at our office. We scan your teeth, send them off to the Invisalign lab and they make all your clear aligners. The whole process takes about two minutes.